The Standard Diploma is designed to provide the student with the foundation necessary to enter a four-year college or university program of study.
The Advanced Diploma is designed to provide the student with every possible academic advantage that Highland Academy can offer in academic preparation for a four-year college or university.
To receive a DIPLOMA, a student must:
- Be in attendance at Highland Academy for the last semester and take at least a minimum student load (four academic classes or five total classes); and
- Successfully complete 240 semester units of instruction for the standard diploma or 250 semester units of instruction for the advanced diploma; and
- Complete ALL school work BEFORE participating in the graduation exercises; and
- Student account must be paid in full.
Course work must include the following general requirements:
|Religion (5 units per semester in attendance at an SDA school)||40||40|
|PE and Health (Requirements for transfer students may differ)||25||25|
|Mathematics (pre-Algebra does not fulfill this requirement)
* Required courses: Algebra I, II, Geometry, and Pre-Calculus
|Science ** Two lab courses in addition to Biology (Chemistry, Physics, or A & P)||30||30**|
|Social Studies (World History, U.S. History, Government, and Economics)||30||30|