Welcome to Career Guidance and Testing!
Getting ready for college takes a lot of planning and hard work. We are dedicated to helping our students navigate this process in hopes that they leave our school feeling educationally, personally, and financially prepared to move on to the next step.
Educational Preparedness looks like:
- Meeting graduation requirements and achieving your personal best GPA.
- Taking the PSAT -November 1, 2017 (Junior & Senior year)
- Taking the ACT – December 10, 2017
- Test Prep
- December 4
- Check with your College of choice for ACT score requirements.
Personal Preparedness looks like:
- Meeting with your school guidance counselor for personalized assessments.
- Taking the ASVAB Career Readiness Profile – October 3, 2017 (Junior year only)
- Choosing a college tra Ock or trade school that fits YOU!
Financial Preparedness looks like:
- Filling out the FAFSA.
- Applying for scholarships.
- Being an active part of your high school. Stay involved in leadership roles if possible. Many scholarships are available to those students who have made a difference or stood out in some way.
- Achieving your personal best GPA. Higher grades mean higher scholarships.